top of page



Resident Attendants are an unregulated profession. Though certification is not required it is preferred and many nursing homes request a certificate as a Personal Support Worker, Health Care Aide or equivalent.


If you do not have any prior training as a caregiver, you can still be hired as an RA and will receive an orientation to your position.


Some homes offer in-house training programs and may require you to complete this training in order to work in their facility.





You can come to New Brunswick through different immigration programs, including the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program. Check available programs here!


Make sure to check all eligibility requirements with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

bottom of page